WASHINGTON, June 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- As summer kicks into gear, USA Medical reminds people to be vigilant when outdoors because Shape Magazine warns that Lyme disease is about to spike hard this summer. In addition, the Company is helping people who suffer from Lyme disease by providing discounts on their medications through its customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program.
Men's Journal concurs with Shape Magazine, cautioning that ticks are this summer's biggest health risk . Rising concerns have partly been attributed to the increasing number of people affected by the potentially fatal Powassan (POW) virus, carried by the same tick that carries Lyme disease.
- Protect exposed skin by applying tick repellent that contains 20 percent or more DEET, IR3535 or picaridin.
- Avoid walking through tall bushes by staying in the center of trails.
- Use fine-tipped tweezers to remove attached ticks.
Co-Founder and President of USA Medical Jordan Sessler says, "Summer can be a great time for outdoors fun, but don't forget to take precautions. If you need medication for Lyme disease, my company's Pharmacy Discount Card can help you save up to 75% on your prescriptions."
The pre-activated Pharmacy Discount Cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country — local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Walmart and Walgreens. Thousands of popular medicines are eligible for savings, including those prescribed for prescribed for Lyme disease, such as doxycycline hyclate, amoxicillin, Ceftin®, Erythrocin® stearate and tetracycline HCL.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need.