WASHINGTON, March 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- As Defeat Diabetes® Month approaches in April, USA Medical is providing useful tips to fight this growing epidemic. In addition, the Company is helping people with diabetes live healthier lives by providing discounts on their medications through its customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program.
USA Medical also advises on healthy lifestyle habits for people with diabetes:
- Maintain a diet of whole grains, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. Dairy should be nonfat and meats should be lean. Limit high fat and high sugar foods. Don't overeat.
- Keep an active lifestyle to help bring down blood sugar and lower chances of getting heart disease. Exercise will also help ease stress and shed excess weight. Aim for at least 30 minutes of daily cardiovascular activity.
- Stop smoking -- Combined with diabetes, smoking raises the chances of health problems such as eye disease, heart disease, kidney disease, stroke and nerve damage. Smoking can also make exercise more difficult.
- Consume alcohol moderately because excessive amounts will negatively impact blood sugar. According to The American Diabetes Association, women should not have more than one drink a day while men should not consume more than two. Those who take diabetes drugs or use insulin should have food when drinking.
Co-Founder and President of USA Medical Jordan Sessler says, "If you, like more and more people, have been diagnosed with diabetes, it's important to arm yourself with ways you can better manage the disease. Sometimes, exercise and healthy diet are not enough to help you control diabetes. You may also need medication. Don't let the cost of prescriptions stop you from living healthier. My company's Pharmacy Discount Card can help you save up to 75% on your diabetes prescriptions."
The pre-activated Pharmacy Discount Cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country — local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Walmart and Walgreens. Thousands of popular medicines are eligible for savings, including medications prescribed for the side effects of breast cancer treatment such as: ondansetron, lorazepam, alprazolam, dronabinol and ferrous sulfate.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
About USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need.