WASHINGTON, Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This time of year, it is important people are aware of the differences between a cold, bronchitis and pneumonia. Knowing the distinctions will allow people to better understand treatments available and when to seek professional help.
USA Medical offers to help people afford medication for these illnesses through its customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program.
USA Medical shares 3 tips from ABC 4 Utah on the differences between a cold, bronchitis and pneumonia:
- Colds may be characterized by a clear runny nose, cough, and a low-grade or lack of fever. While it is one of the most common infectious diseases, it is usually mild and resolves without treatment.
- Bronchitis happens when air passages are inflamed. Possible symptoms may include: a frequent cough with mucus, wheezing, fever, and a lack of energy. Brought on by a viral infection, acute bronchitis is more prevalent of the two basic types. Chronic bronchitis is a cough that lasts 2 to 3 months annually, for at least two years—typically caused by smoking.
- Pneumonia produces fluid in the lungs due to an infection. Symptoms may include a cough, fever and difficulty breathing. Older adults, babies and people with other illnesses may need to be hospitalized for treatment.
Co-Founder and President of USA Medical, Jordan Sessler says, "It's important for people to differentiate between a cold, bronchitis and pneumonia so they know if they need treatment and attention from a medical professional. If a prescription is part of the recovery process, my company's Pharmacy Discount Card can help them save up to 75% on their medicine."
The pre-activated Pharmacy Discount Cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country—local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Walmart and Walgreens. Thousands of popular medicines are eligible for savings, including those prescribed for a cold, bronchitis and pneumonia - Tamiflu®, Relenza, Amoxicillin, Zithromax, Biaxin and Avelox.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
About USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need.