WASHINGTON, Sept. 25, 2017 -- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and USA Medical reminds women to do a regular breast self-exam as well as to talk to their doctor if they are having any issues with their chemotherapy. To help women afford the medicines prescribed to counteract the side effects of their breast cancer treatment, the company developed customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program.
USA Medical also provides these tips to women, who are undergoing or have undergone chemotherapy, to help manage the common adverse reactions that may include:
- Hair Loss – Avoid anything harsh for your hair. Use a soft-bristle brush and gentle shampoos & dyes.
- Sun Sensitivity – Stay out of direct sunlight, especially from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm when the sun is the strongest. Any time you go outside during the day, always use a sunscreen with SPF 30+ on your face and lips, and wear a hat, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Nausea and Vomiting – Eat small meals throughout the day, and don’t drink anything with them. Avoid strong-smelling, sweet, fried and fatty foods.
- Fatigue – Exercise can help, take a short walk. Listen to your body and rest or take a nap as needed.
Co-Founder and President of USA Medical, Jordan Sessler says, "If you’re going through chemotherapy and suffering from the side effects, you shouldn’t have to worry about the cost of the medicines that may provide some relief. Our Pharmacy Discount Card can help you save up to 75% on these medications, including vitamins and supplements that have been prescribed."
The pre-activated Pharmacy Discount Cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country — local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Walmart and Walgreens. Thousands of popular medicines are eligible for savings, including medications prescribed for the side effects of chemotherapy such as: ondansetron, lorazepam, alprazolam, dronabinol and ferrous sulfate.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
About USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need.